Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day festivities ...




So at the beginning of each preschool year you must sign up for to help with a party. This is always a stressful event for me because I'm not a teacher or very creative! Thankfully there are 14 kids in his class which means there were multiple Moms helping at each party which kinda lightens the load. I signed up for Valentine's. I got lucky and didn't have to figure out a craft which is a HUGE relief! The kids and us Moms seemed to have fun. This is such a great preschool year for Braxton. He has grown leaps and bounds when it comes to participating ... which is something we struggled with last year! He gets along wonderfully with his teachers who are absolutely awesome!

Zak and I went out a night early for Valentine's which meant we'd be at home on actual Valentine's Day. I decided this would be the perfect year to start teaching Braxton how you celebrate Valentine's Day. I cooked my normal dinner but decided to "set the mood" with the help of my 2 sweet blessings :) We lit candles, turned on music, and turned off the lights. Braxton was so excited to show Zak how we "decorated" for our evening of fun! Daddy even brought home roses and chocolates for me! We all exchanged cards/gifts and I think he realized that this is a special occasion and hopefully we can continue this tradition until he has his own special someone to share Valentine's with!

Hope you had a special Valentine's too!

No comments:

Post a Comment